Howdy, it’s almost Earth Day!
Takes us back to 1970 when it all started, and no-one really knew if it was going to go or not as an annual event. Something so familiar now was something so very new in concept 41 years ago! Back then it was all about getting people to recycle and aware of using less resources, along with celebrating our planet’s wonderful and unique features. Pretty commonplace ideas today.
Did you know that Watkins products reduce waste and make a positive impact and YOU can too by using them in your everyday activities–just a few of the eco-friendly advantages of using Watkins products include–
- A full line of plant-based home care products that are free of pollutants and biodegradable.
- A full line of All-Natural Herbs and Spices and All-Natural Pure Extracts.
- A strict paper, plastic, and aluminum recycling program.
- Biodegradable packing materials.
- Soy-based ink in our printed marketing materials.
- E-communications that encourages customers, Associates, and vendors to obtain information online instead of in printed form.
- Gravity fed filling processing using time-tested gravity feeds. This allows energy to be conserved that would normally be used to power a pneumatic or conveyor system.
- Lighter weight product packaging, reducing plastic bottle weight for various products saving thousands of pounds of plastic from waste.
And to top it all off, the Natural Products Association granted J.R. Watkins Natural Apothecary products the NPA Seal of compliance earlier this year. To earn this coveted seal, products must be made of at least 95% natural ingredients from renewable and sustainable resources. This highly regarded seal represents the national standard for truly natural products and makes it easier to identify quality natural products.
Wow, that’s a great commitment to Mother Nature, something Natures’ Heritage always endorses and commends! So as you get ready to celebrate Earth Day 2011, you might also want to check out all the wonderful earth-friendly products in the Watkins catalog, including the new grapefruit natural cleaner at www.watkinsonline.com/martinez1
Now where is that organically grown apple and jerky we set aside for our upcoming annual Earth Day hike?
Sherry and the Natures’ Heritage staff
Business Opportunities at www.watkinsonline.com/martinez1